Ven a celebrar con nosotros este 5 de mayo como en la ciudad de Mexico!
We’ll be serving up two dishes traditional to Puebla and Cinco de Mayo: Chile Relleno and Pollo Mole! We’ll also have 3 tacos for $8.50 and our fish special of the week. Don’t forget to BYOB as we’ll have $10 carafes of margarita mixers! (Our regular dinner menu will also be available)
Why are we celebrating Cinco De Mayo? Here are 5 fun facts about the holiday that you might not have known before!
- Cinco De Mayo celebrates the Mexican army’s 1862 victory over France at the Battle of Puebla.
- At Puebla, a Mexican army of about 2,000 defeated a French army of 6,000 in a classic David vs. Goliath story.
- Texas-born General Ignacio Zaragoza led the Mexican troops to victory.
- In Mexico, celebrations for this holiday are tied to Puebla. The United States’ version of this holiday has become a celebration of Mexican-American culture and cuisine.
- Chile Relleno and mole sauce both originated in Puebla, as does our culinary team!